Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cafe Lusso

(Photos courtesy of: https://www.facebook.com/lussocoffee and nicoolete.wordpress.com)

Finding a new place to hang out? A ‘Cheesy but classy’ atmosphere-like? Then Café Lusso can satisfy what you need. Located along the new building in General Luna Street, Café Lusso is the newest coffee destination in town where one may loosen up.

Café Lusso is an Italian term whose meaning I didn’t ask. Interior design may bring you to that place with cool mixture of light and dark colors, light dazzling and the photographs enchant one’s eye.

Located at GF EDCO Bldg., General Luna corner Mabini Street, Baguio City, Café Lusso caters students in nearby areas like University of Baguio, Saint Louis University, Philippine Women’s University and even hospitals like SLU and Notre Dame.

The coffee shop may seem foreign, indeed! Owned by a Korean national I heard. Their coffee beans according to the staff are mixed Arabica and Robusta exported all the way from South Korea.

Café Lusso has 3 areas. The 1st one is the primary area for customers, right beside the counter; the 2nd is the smoking area, an enclosed portion of the cafe, and the 3rd one is the small section good for 5 people where you must have to take off your shoes. Low table and that you have to do the oriental way of seating.

I have been to Café Lusso twice. The 1st time I’ve been there, I ordered the common latte. Served either in a ceramic cup or paper, the taste was ‘okay’ but the magic works after.

(MAGIC.  Let’s check on the title of this blog. After that latte, I went home, prepared my slides for tomorrow’s photography workshop then went to bed. The magic I’m referring to is; it won’t let you sleep for 48 hours! I went to my lecture without sleep literally and I felt like floating. I even watched the Hobbit, the 1st showing at SM Baguio in the evening and thought I’ll just fall asleep but the coffee is still kicking.)

Going back, we asked for the best seller pastry and they suggested “Honey Glazed Bread.”
A square bread that looks like unsliced loaf bread smothered with honey and butter and some syrup being sold for P99.00 that can be shared to 2 persons. The bread tastes good and the aroma is enticing.
 
They have a common rest room (unisex), a wifi (working too slow when I was there) and they have the eccentric way of numbering, the vibrating way! They have the digital number, and it vibrates wildly if your order is already available. It looks like a flying saucer and some staff refer it that way too!

The coffee shop is open every day from 7:00 AM until 12 midnight. For an overall rating of Café Lusso, I’d say it gained 8 from me. For more info of this coffee shop, you may contact 0917 798 0444 or email them at café.lusso@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment